Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Girl With the Blackened Eye

     I thought this story was very interesting. It started off telling us how the girl was very displeased with her black eye and how crazy she must have looked all the while having us wonder what happened to it. This makes you want to find out which makes you keep reading. It then went on to tell us a little about her past and how she was forcefully abducted when she was a teenager. I think that this was a twist that none of us was expecting. I sure wasn't! This story actually got darker than I thought it would.
     When she said that he was doing all these things to her and then she clarified and said that he was doing all these things to her body, it made me feel like she had emotionally detached herself from the situation so they she wouldn't feel any pain mentally. She stressed how she had little hope that she would live but she held on to the mere thought that she would. This story was also very descriptive, I felt like she described her pain very well, physically and mentally. It was a very deep, unexpected story for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment