Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What Our Mother Always Told Us

     I liked this story. I thought that it was very intriguing. I kept trying to figure out why the young boys just wouldn't listen to their mother. She kept giving them warning after warning. The story started off emphasizing how much their mother said the word "don't". The fact that she told them what to do so much is part of the reason why I think the rebelled against her so much. It may also have to deal with the fact that they might  not have a father figure in their life. The story didn't mention anything about that.
     I didn't like that fact that once I got really interested in the story, and wanted to find out what she was going to do to her sons, the story stopped. I imagined the story ending several different ways but I wanted to read about how she ended it.

1 comment: