Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Essay Packet 2

   As I first started to read the Mint Snowball Story, I automatically picked up on its vivid imagery. They set the scene really well and made me feel like I had been to the drugstore myself. I also found it funny how the daughter of the daughter was describing what her mother had seen. She executed it very well to not have seen it herself. when she started to tell us the process in which her great grandfather used, she was very detailed and descried how you could still smell the mint on his hands even after he was done.
   The mint snowball was described to taste like winter. How does winter taste? I think that was a very good description of the taste because we imagine winter as being icy, cool, and fresh. The story suddenly got kind of sad when the son realized that his father sold the recipe and the he wouldn't inherit it and have it for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment